Written by Arcelia Camacho, PMP
Welcome to the PrepCan Blog!
PrepCan is an online employment pre-arrival service. This means that we can offer you our services free of charge IF you:
- Have been given Permanent Residence status by the Government of Canada and;
- Are living outside Canada while you benefit from our services
What Do We Do?
We specialize in Employment Orientation and Information services.
- When you register in our website, https://prepcan.ca/, we verify that the Government of Canada has approved you to immigrate as an Economic Immigrant.
- Then, one of our Employment Consultants gets in touch with you and schedules an assessment with you. The purpose of the assessment is to know more about you from a professional point of view. We ask you about your occupation, professional experience, your credentials accreditation process (when your occupation is regulated), etc. In a nutshell, we want to know the professional goals you want to achieve when you come to Canada.
- This is the most productive and fun part. We establish an ongoing conversation with you. Based on that interaction, we point you to the resources, knowledge, and information you need to prepare to work in Canada: resume and cover letter writing, job market research, interview preparation, networking strategies, your rights and responsibilities as a worker in Canada, professional development options, job searching tips, etc.
What Is In It For You?
- Personalized Orientation. You have a dedicated Employment Consultant who can answer your questions about employment in Canada, free of charge.
- Insights of what is expected from you in a professional setting. A lot of us (Yes, I am an immigrant too!) bring with us behaviours, attitudes and assumptions from our home countries. The expected behaviour in the workplace might be different from what you are used to and believe me, being the right fit for the employer is often much more important than having the technical skills for the job you want.
- Tailored Resources and Referrals. You can be assured that you will have the resources that you need to prepare yourself for the Canadian Job Market. We help you to find the services you and your family need. If we do not offer the service you need, we will point you in the right direction; we conduct extensive research so you can have the best tools at your disposal.
In short, we want you to succeed in Canada, and we are here to help you to do so.
About Arcelia Camacho, PMP
Researches and writes custom content for http://prepcan.ca. Has supported Newcomers to Canada for 8+ years. Loves learning about other cultures. Reads eagerly. Speaks 3 of the top 10 most spoken languages in the world. Enjoys watching movies and eating healthy.